Brompton had a super baby shower for Anna, our Housekeeper, and Laura, the Court Manager. Both girls are due in the New Year, so owners had a glass of bubbly and cake to celebrate with the girls. Both promise to be in with babies for cuddles in the New Year. The owners and staff showered the girls with some beautiful gifts. A BIG thank you from Anna and Laura to all at Brompton Court.
Montrose Court enjoyed mulled wine and mince pies as the Christmas lights were officially switched on and the festivities began. Owners are enjoying weekly films in the run up to Christmas and the team couldn’t resist getting festive with their own Christmas jumpers! Annual owners party lunches have been wonderful days and we have more bookings for Christmas lunch and Boxing day than ever before. With so much planned for 2019 we are excited to see in the new year with a Champagne party and not too many sore heads on January 1st… Hopefully!
Brompton had their Christmas Party last night in the Great Hall. The wine was flowing along with soft drinks and a beautiful finger buffet cooked by our guest chef. Owners were entertained with our live singers who sang 50’s, 60’s and Abba songs, plus some Christmas Classics for all to enjoy. Thank you to Lynne, Donald, Suzie, Sally and Kelly for all their hard work on the night. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Brompton to all.
Brompton welcomed Chrissy from MacMillan Cancer Support to give us a talk on the charity. Thank you to Lena Hack for organising Chrissy to come along. Owners enjoyed coffee and cake and had the opportunity to ask Chrissy any questions they may have. We also had a great surprise as Chrissy awarded Brompton as the Corporate Challenge Winners for 2018. This award is only given to one company per year for their outstanding coffee morning in September to raise money for MacMillan in Dorset.
Eastbank Court has been extremely busy throughout the lead up to Christmas...
- The Macmillan Coffee Morning went well, with a lot of the residents joining in to help raise a fantastic total of £675.
- The Christmas party weekend was a busy one, catering for 130 owners and their families. The staff worked very hard to make the two days a success.
- Mr Graham made a huge £610 from donations and the raffle, going towards St. Richards Hospice and the Alzheimer’s Society.
- The Court helped celebrate Mr Pringle’s 90th Birthday in October with tea and cakes for family, friends and owners.
- The Social Committee have had a few days out. Shopping and refreshments at the Evesham Countryside Centre and the Worcester Cathedral to see all the decorated Christmas trees followed by a visit to St. Peter’s Garden Centre.
- Further Christmas events included a Christmas Concert performed by Little Squirrels Early Years and Pre-school, and a Victorian Family’s Musical Christmas.
- Both proved to be a great success, bringing the Christmas spirit to Eastbank Court.
Wow... an amazing Christmas lunch had by over 30 owners this week. The Brompton team put on an amazing Christmas lunch with wine, chocolates and Christmas crackers for all. Once lunch was over, owners headed to the Great Hall to listen to our local pianist David Walsh playing traditional Christmas music with coffee and mints. Thank you to staff members Suzie, Carl, Lynne, Sally, Tracy, Maria and Sarah, and a special thanks to our Chef John for catering for all the owner's needs.